For further information, please see my CV.
SELECT ARTICLES AND BOOK CHAPTERS:
- 2020. “Maternity and Migration.” In Philosophy Compass (DOI 10.1111/phc3.12657).
In the Journal of Applied Philosophy (DOI 10.1111/japp.12417).
- 2019. “Introduction: Disability and the Decolonial Turn: Perspectives from the Americas,” (with Robert Sirvent) in Disability and the Global South vol. 6 no. 1 pp. 1153-1561.
- 2019. “Can Philosophy for Children Contribute to Decolonization?” In Precollege Philosophy and Public Practice, vol. 1 pp. 27-41.
- 2018. “Crossing U.S. Borders While Pregnant: An Increasingly Complex Reality,” in Hastings Center Report vol. 18 no. 5.
- 2018. “The Injustice of the Migrant Journey to the United States.” In Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy (CRISPP), first published online.
- 2018. “Race, Pre-College Philosophy, and the Quest for a Critical Race Pedagogy in Higher Education” (with Melissa Fitzpatrick, first author), in Ethics and Education, first published online.
- 2018. “Introduction: Latin American Feminist Philosophy: Theory Meets Praxis” (with Fanny del Río), in Essays in Philosophy vol. 19 no. 1.
- 2017. “Toward a More Inclusive Understanding of the ‘Brain Drain’.” In the South African Journal of Philosophy (Symposium on Gillian Brock and Michael Blake’s Debating the Brain Drain: May Governments Restrict Emigration? New York: Oxford University Press, 2016), vol. 36, no. 1 pp. 91-100.
- 2017 (with Alain Carmen Sykes). “Who Talks? Who Listens? Taking Positionality Seriously in Philosophy for Children.” In Maughn Gregory, Joanna Haynes and Karin Murris, eds., The Routledge International Handbook of Philosophy for Children (New York: Routledge) pp. 219-226.
- 2017. “Utilizando la Filosofía de la Praxis de Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez.” (Translation: “Using Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez’s Philosophy of Praxis.”) In Victor Manuel Hernández Márquez and Ambrosio Velasco Gómez, eds., Ethics, Aesthestics and Social Theory from the Perspective of Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez. Ciudad Juárez and México, D.F.: Asociación Filosófica de México.
- 2016. “The New Open Borders Debate.” In Alex Sager, ed., The Ethics and Politics of Immigration: Core Issues and Emerging Trends (Lanham: Rowman and Littlefield).
- 2016. “Locating the Injustice of Undocumented Migrant Oppression.” In the Journal of Social Philosophy vol. 37 no. 4.
- 2016 (with Yolanda Chavez Leyva). “Philosophy for Children and the Legacy of Anti-Mexican Racism in El Paso Schools.” In the APA Newsletter on Hispanic/Latino Issues in Philosophy vol. 16 no. 1 pp. 17-22.
- 2016 (with Caroline T. Arruda). “Editors’ Introduction: Engaging Latin American, Hispanic/Latin@, and Chican@ Students in Philosophy.” In the APA Newsletter on Hispanic/Latino Issues in Philosophy vol. 16 no. 1 pp. 1-3.
- 2016. “Ayotzinapa as an Attack against Latin American Philosophy.” In Ramon Grosfoguel, Roberto D. Hernandez and Ernesto Rosen Velasquez, eds. Decolonizing the Westernized University: Interventions in Philosophy of Education from Within and Without (New York: Lexington Press).
- 2016. “Immigrant or Exiled? Rethinking the Desplazada/os of Latin American and Latina/o Philosophy.” In the APA Newsletter on Hispanic /Latino Issues in Philosophy 15 (2) pp. 11-14.
- 2016. “Oaxacan Transborder Communities and the Political Philosophy of Immigration.” In The International Journal of Applied Philosophy vol. 30, no. 1 pp. 91-104.
- 2015. ¿Todos Somos Ayotzinapa? (Translation: Are We “All Ayotzinapa”?) In Cuadernos Fronterizos, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 23-26.
- 2015. “Deportations as Theaters of Inequality.” In Public Affairs Quarterly vol. 29 no. 2, pp. 201- 215.
- 2014. “The Oaxaca Philosophy for Children Initiative As Place Based Philosophy: Why Context Matters in Philosophy for Children.” In APA Newsletter on Hispanic and Latino Issues in Philosophy 14 (1), pp. 9-12. 2014.
- 2014. “Cross-Cultural Exploration: Reflections on Doing Philosophy with Triqui Children in Oaxaca.” In Teaching Ethics 12 (1), pp. 77-90.
- 2007. “Whose Body Is It, Anyway? An Interview with Cécile Fabre.” In Rerum Causae: The Journal of the London School of Economics Philosophical Society 2 (1), pp. 63-66.
- 2019. “Migración” (with Luis Rubén Díaz Cepeda, first editor). Special issue of Cuadernos Fronterizos vol. 46 no. 5.
- 2018. “Latin American Feminist Philosophy: Theory Meets Praxis.”Special Issue of Essays in Philosophy vol. 19 no. 1 (co-guest-edited with Fanny del Río).
- 2016. “Engaging Latin American, Hispanic/Latin@, and Chican@ Students in Philosophy.” Special issue of the APA Newsletter on Hispanic/Latino Issues in Philosophy vol. 16, no. 1 (co-guest-edited with Caroline T. Arruda).
- 2108. Review of Jennifer Scuro’s The Pregnancy [does not equal] Childbearing Project in Hypatia (online).
- 2015. Review of Carlos Pereda, La Filosofia en Mexico en el siglo XX: Apuntes de un participante. In the Inter-American Journal of Philosophy.
- 2014. Review of Peter Higgins’s Immigration Justice. In Hypatia (online).